AdSense

Search Meh!

Amz 2

Thursday, July 11, 2013

Trouble with Steam Wallet

As the title implies, I've purchased some cash for my Steam Wallet that I intend on using to get at most a premium status for my Team Fortress 2 game. But due to some unforeseen forces of nature, I'm denied my rights and glory to the premium-ness gaming experience (table comparison)

 
This was done on the online web Mann Co. Store. The problem similar when I did it in game.



Going through forums and all the normal searches online couldn't bring me the answer . But one forum user stated going through Steam Support so I thought "Guess that's my only option."

So I created a Steam Support account and sent a 'ticket'. It's a very simplified process. Steam even prepared specific categories in order for you (and me) to relate the problem to them with great detail. I can mention exactly which game I'm having problems, the type of problem (for me it is  Purchases and Payments > Purchase Failures) and even the exact payment method used from their drop-down options. Because of this, I didn't have to say anything else in my question.

After exactly 2 days 2 hours and 34 minutes later I got a reply:
=====================================================================================

Hello (insert name here),

Thank you for contacting Steam Support.

In order to investigate this issue, we must verify the purchase receipt and your ownership of the Wallet Credit code.

Please handwrite your Support Ticket Number above the code (the number should not be written on a separate piece of paper or inserted with an image editor) and reply with a digital photo or scan of the code and the receipt for your recent purchase. Please ensure that you submit a full-color image in .jpg format, rather than a photocopy.

Example scan:
https://support.steampowered.com/getimage.php?id=253
We accept receipts issued within the last 90 days. Receipts from auction sites and used merchandise sellers will not be accepted.

After verifying your proof of ownership we will gladly assist you with this issue. 

=====================================================================================





So on I go and upload a photo shot of the purchase. Immediately, I received a computer generated reply through my email :
=====================================================================================
Hello,
Thank you for adding a message to your question. We will respond to your message by email. 

=====================================================================================

Actually they responded to both my email and Steam Support account except for the message above.





Another round of awaiting reply for, this time, 16 hours and 13 minutes. Finally some good news:

=====================================================================================

Hello (insert name here),
I have updated your account. Please try your purchase again.

If you have any further questions or difficulty, please let us know.

===================================================================================== 

HAPPY PREMIUM TO ME!!!



FYI: Once you have cash in your Steam Wallet you're eligible to buy any items from Steam without giving any sort of personal information.

Hope this helps others in need :D

2 comments:

  1. Apakah benar kita bisa berburu dollar dari steam wallet ?
    Jika iya gimana toh caranya? cheat nya bisa work gak ya ini 100%? saya coba ya,, hehe
    makasi infonya :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I believe you speak Bahasa Indonesia? Maaf kalau jawapan kurang tepat tapi saya tiada pengetahuan tentang cara dapat duit untuk Steam wallet yang you telah nyatakan. Cheat untuk Steam Wallet tu rasanya 0% dapat kut, jugak bahaya cuba so abaikan dan beli melalui cara-cara yang sah.

      Delete

All readers are welcome to Comment. Comments will be moderated before they are gazetted.